Saturday, February 25, 2012

Recipes and whatnot

I wanted to share a few recipes that I found off of pinterest that I have loved. 

Fruit leather.  I tried this a few days ago.  I used strawberries and blueberries, both frozen.  It was fantastic.  I baked mine at 170 for about 10 hours.  That's a long time for one to use their oven, so next time I'm going to try different flavors and I'm going to make 3-4 pans at once, you know, to make a nice supply of it.  ALSO, I did not add any sugar at all to my "stew" mixture.  None.  Turned out great. 

Homemade coffee creamer.  I have now made 2 batches of the stuff.  LOVE it.  The first batch, I used a 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk, (homemade) vanilla extract, and 14 ounces of cream...on accident.  HONESTLY!  I meant to fill up the can halfway with cream and halfway with milk...except I didn't.  I just kept pouring, so I rationally said to myself, "Self, you might as well just pour the cream in and call it a day with the milk."  I am very persuasive.  It. Was. Delicious.  The second go-round (which was today) I made it with 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz of almond milk (still creamy but A HUGE cut down on the fat & calories) and then about 8 ounces or so of cream (because I was running out of room) and a splash of (homemade) vanilla extract.  It was still delicious, but I must say...using all cream was SOOOO good.  Like candy in my coffee.

Light Broccoli cheese soup.  I added carrots and used 1% milk, but this was pretty darn tasty (not to mention cheap and easy).  Especially for being light.  I had it over a baked potato tonight for dinner.  I made half a batch and there are tons of leftovers. 

Oreo Layer Dessert.  This was possibly my favorite food I've made off of Pinterest.  It was not too heavy, quite light actually.  A little crunch from the oreos, nice and sweet from the cream cheese mixture, and fluffy from the whipped cream.  Yummo!  TRY THIS. 

Ranch House Pork Chops.  This is probably going to be a new "normal" recipe in our house.  We loved this!  I made the rosemary parm mashed potatoes on the website with it.  I HIGHLY recommend these together.  The "gravy" from the pork chops with the mashed potatoes...yum.  So good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment