Monday, November 21, 2011

We Hit a New Milestone

Today we took a huge step towards becoming a real child rather than a baby. 

Gracie got in trouble.  Like, real trouble. 

She was getting into her cranky morning stage - the "I need a nap" stage.  She was getting clingy.  We were watching Sesame Street 2-Headed Monster on YouTube and I really wanted to watch one more before her nap. 

She wasn't really into it.  So she got angry, leaned over and got all clingy on me (this is about the time when I was thinking, "Aww...she just wants to cuddle with her mommy when she gets tired and cranky") and then she bit me.  With her teeth!  And it hurt! 

I pushed her back ("pushed" as in picked her up and sat her on her bottom about 6" away from where she originated from, ok?), got the "mommy look" - you know the one - pointed my finger in her face and said, "Gracie!  No!  That's naughty!"

I thought I was pretty darn stern.  Thought I said and did the right thing for the situation. 

In return, her face turned red, she got tears in her eyes, and she stuck out her bottom lip at mommy.  That was it.  I couldn't contain myself.  I started giggling.  Seriously, this is probably the funniest thing she's ever done. 

I mean, she's gotten in trouble before.  Just little things like playing with the trash can when she had been told not to.  Spitting her food.  Throwing her toys out of her stroller.  Nothing crazy like BITING HER MOM. 

She's even had the occasional "spankin'".  It wasn't even enough to cause an 8-month old to blink.  Seriously.  She didn't even blink.  It probably was more soothing than painful.  But Mommy being stern with her had her in tears. 

Oh Gracie...

No comments:

Post a Comment