Sunday, August 28, 2011

Adam and Eve had many advantages, but the principal one was that they escaped teething. -- Mark Twain

Today I discovered my daughter has 2 new teeth.  As in she's had them for multiple days.  And we didn't even know.  She went through a bout of sleeping through the night recently (like, almost 2 weeks straight).  And then randomly wouldn't go to sleep and then would be awake 2 or 3 times at night.  I thought she was coming down with something. 

Yeah.  Coming down with two new teeth. 

That makes the grand total 4!! 


We hired a new babysitter recently.  She.  Is.  Awesome.  I recently said to my hubs, "Honey, you don't need to wash these dishes by hand.  We're not cavemen.  I can put them in the dishwasher."  (The caveman thing was a joke, by the way.)  He said to me, "I didn't do those dishes.  You did."  I was shocked that he would say this because I barely do dishes as it is and FOR SURE wouldn't do them by hand, so I said, "No I didn't." 

Then we both looked at each other. 

We were reminded of the time that we came back from a short "vacation" to find our dishes had been washed.  We actually had to hunt down who had done them.  It took time, people. 

Finally I put two and two together (thank goodness I'm not a detective) and figured out that it was my wonderful fantastic amazing college student babysitter who had done them.  She will now be nicknamed *Supersitter* (with the asterisks).  And I'm adding a whole new *Supersitter* label. 

And she just earned herself a Christmas bonus.  That is, when Christmas rolls around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment