Thursday, November 3, 2011

Friday Fun Facts

I'm going to do an "injuries" themed Friday Fun Facts blog.  I hope you enjoy it. 

1.  I have never broken a bone other than my toes.  I broke those by falling (it happens to me) and my foot just happened to kick the corner of a wall...only my foot kind of projectiled into this corner.  And I will go ahead and make a diagram here on my blog of how this corner was in relation to me.  I am the X: 

I'm not talking corner like this:   X>  No, no.  It was pointing at me like this:  X<. 

So my toes split and bruised and swelled up.  I never even went to the doctor because my mom knew that they weren't going to put a cast on toes.  They were just broken and they would heal eventually. You know, I'm tough. 

2.  I sprained my wrist when I was playing basketball in the 5th grade. 

3.  The words "hip replacement" have actually been mentioned in a doctor's appointment that I've had.  And I mean, this was back when I was 21 years old.  Luckily, instead of a hip replacement they chose to go with a steroid shot and my hip hasn't had problems since.  I'm way thankful that someone out there used their common sense and chose the less-invasive route rather than getting all crazy and replacing my bones at 21 years old.  Just sayin'...

4.  I've had surgery.  I had a tumor removed from my lower back when I was 20.  It was called a lipoma which is basically just a fancy word for benign fatty tissue tumor.  Which totally made me feel skinny. Ugh...lipomas....  Always bringing on the eating disorders. 

Anyway, they of course had to run tests on it and make sure that it was benign and it was in fact a "lipoma" as they thought.  It took 4 days to get those results back.  It may have been 4 of the longest days of my life.  I cannot imagine waiting for results from a test in which doctors don't seem sure whether something is malignant or not.  Scary stuff, man. 

5.  Probably the best one - my fake "broken finger".  I used to wrap a finger in Kleenexes, followed by Scotch tape.  I also put Lisa Frank stickers (represent) between the Kleenexes and Scotch tape because, you know, casts have bright purple and pink stickers usually.  Mainly because I'm classy, but then I would go and tell kids at school that my finger was broken.  I actually did this 2 or 3 times in one school year.  I blame my parents for making me the third child and never paying attention to me.  (Joking.)  But seriously, at least this is how I handled middle-child-ism rather than becoming a serial killer.  And I also got over it in like, the 3rd grade or something.  Definitely the better decision on my part. 

Have a beautiful day and don't forget to be awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment